Sponsorship Behind the Walls
We are pleased to announce our "Sponsorship Behind the Walls" Program. NA Minnesota is partnering with NA Santa Cruz,CA to provide sponsorship through the mail for offenders who would like to work the Twelve Steps of Narcotics Anonymous. This works best when the offender takes the initiative to request a sponsor her/himself through our post office box.
H&I Sponsorship Program
P.O. Box 1613
Capitola, CA 95010
The process is straightforward
1. The offender asks for a sponsor and is put on a list.
2. As sponsors of the same gender become available assignments are made.
3. The sponsee sends her/his letters to the sponsor using the Capitola, CA post office box.
4. The letters are then either forwarded physically or electronically to the sponsor.
5. We caution our sponsors not to give personally identifying information. In addition, our guidelines include instructions that sponsors are not allowed to put money in an inmate’s books, or purchase packages for them.
6. The only requirement for the sponsee is that s/he has at least 12 months until release.
7. The expectation is that the two parties will never meet in face to face.